If you wish to maintain a long life on your expensive set of glasses, and avoid having to deal with scratches and other issues, it is important to know some tips about how to keep them looking like new. Whether you buy your glasses at an optical store, or elsewhere, you should always take the best care of them.
- Dust, dirt, and oils from your skin can accumulate on your glasses, making them look dirty and smudged. To keep your glasses looking clean and clear, clean them regularly with a microfiber cloth or a soft and lint-free cloth. Avoid using paper towels, tissues, or rough cloths, as these can scratch the lenses.
- When you are not wearing your glasses, store them in a protective case to keep them safe and clean. Avoid placing your glasses in a pocket, purse, or other location where they could get scratched or bent.
- To avoid damaging your glasses, handle them gently and avoid bending the frames or lenses. When you are not wearing your glasses, take them off by holding onto the frames, not the lenses.
- Heat can cause your glasses to become distorted or damaged. Avoid leaving your glasses in a hot car or placing them near a heat source, such as a stove or fireplace.
- If your glasses are not fitting properly, they can be uncomfortable and may cause damage to the frames or lenses. If your glasses are slipping down your nose or feeling loose, visit your optometrist or an optical store to have them adjusted.